I wonder if anyone is fond of fish here!! being a bong I sure am! So just thought to share one simple yet delicious typical bong style fish recipe with you guys, try it if you like fish.
This is a little spicy and oily. I still remember my mom cooking this for me while I used to be down with fever and my taste buds used to be blunt!!!
This fish you might not get everywhere, as far as my knowledge is concerned, its available in INA Market and CR Park Market 1 & 2.
I am sure this fish will be available in other fish markets as well in Delhi.
Koi Macher Recipe:
6 Koi fish -cleaned, slitted at a few places on both sides
50 gm Beaten curd
2 medium Ground large onions
2 Ground green chillies
1 small Finely chopped tomato
1/2 tsp Garlic paste
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/4 tsp Chilly powder
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/4 cup Mustard oil
1 tbsp Ghee
1/2 tbsp Ginger paste
Salt to taste
1. Melt the ghee in a pan, add the oil, onion paste, saute until paste turns reddish brown.
2. Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute well.
3. Add the tomatoes, salt, turmeric, chilly powder and fry until the oil starts to separate.
4. Add the beaten curd, green chilly paste, sugar and fry for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add 3/4 cup of water, bring to boil and add the fish, cook on medium heat for 10-12 minutes until the fish is done.
6. When the oil separates and water evaporates, turn off the gas
Serve it with plain rice. And enjoy your meal.